Wednesday 11 April 2012

Tuesday 10th April - Kedgeree

Bob had a yearning to buy a Two Fat Ladies cook book after flicking through one on our weekend away - and the Amazon copy arrived in the post yesterday. For some reason this made me yearn for Kedgeree, and there was a suitable recipe in the book - although it was adjusted to miss out the half pint of cream!

Some rather nice smoked haddock loins, and my secret ingredient from Akram Stores that I always have in the cupboard. The haddock was poached for only about 2 mins, as it will be reheated along with the rice later.




Once the fish was poached, I flaked it and put to one side. I soaked some basmati and rinsed and drained it, then it was added to fried onions with garam masala and turmeric added to it. I also popped in a spoonful of curry powder to spice things up a bit.

Double the volume of haddock poaching water to rice, and simmered until the liquid was absorbed. Then chopped eggs, the fish, and some parsley was added with a bit of butter, and I'm afraid it was reheated in the microwave, before I topped it with the lovely fried onions and a squeeze of lemon.





I actually had three helpings of this 'diet meal' ......

No comments:

Post a Comment