Tuesday 9 April 2013

Tuesday 9 April - Pigs Cheeks and Lentils

This is another dish from my new Diana Henry Book - Food From Plenty - but in my usual way I messed about with it a bit.

Pigs cheeks are very cheap in Morrisons, and have become a bit of a favourite in this house.



We skin them before cooking, to remove the membrane that can make them curl up


They were then dusted with flour and fried until golden.



Then popped in a pan, with some cider and chicken stock, and gently simmered for a couple of hours, until tender.



The lentils were were I changed the recipe a bit, as we don't eat celery in things... so I used some chopped carrot and leek, and sauteed before adding the lentils, cider and stock




To finish off, the pigs cheek cooking liquid was reduced, and dijon mustard and creme fraiche were added and these were served on a bed of the cooked lentils.


This should have had parsley to garnish, but we didn't have any...


To serve with this, a sort of fougasse inspired by Paul Hollywood last night, but made to my own recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment