Thursday 1 May 2014

Wednesday 30 April - Pasta Puttanesca

I can't believe that I've never blogged this before, as it's one of our standby meals for when we can't think of anything else.

If I have fresh chillies and basil to hand I use those, if not dried ones work just as well.




Although I'm no fan of anchovies, they are vital in this as they add a salty and rich flavour to the sauce. I don't follow quantities here, I fry some garlic, chilli and basil, and then a big spoonful of anchovies are melted into these.


Then in with lots and lots of chopped olives and capers, and a pack of chopped tomatoes. If I'm not in a hurry I'll add a cup of water and a squeeze of tomato puree here too, and leave it to bubble away until thick.


Served stirred into hot spaghetti (dried is best here), and topped with a big handful of freshly grated parmesan. We served it with homemade garlic bread as we are greedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment