Sunday 25 October 2015

Saturday 24 October - Monkfish

I've decided to blog this, as it was something new, however, I really disliked it, and ended up eating the potatoes and artichokes, and moving the very expensive fish to one side.

We had gone over to the fish sheds hoping to find scallops, but they didn't have any. I spotted a monkfish, and realised I've hardly ever cooked this before, so we went for that.

First problem was that it came as it was, skin and all, so we had to watch a video on how to fillet and skin a monkfish tail.



For a first attempt, I think we actually did rather well


A stuffing was made from herbs, garlic and toasted pine nuts, all whizzed up together


This was then sandwiched between the fillets of fish,.


The fish, was then wrapped in parma ham, and tied with cooks string, before browning in oil, and it was then finished off in the oven.


This was served on a bed of cubed roasted potatoes, cooked with some rosemary, and some artichoke hearts that I had picked up frozen in the Turkish Supermarket, and some homemade tartare sauce.


I was really pleased with presentation, and how the fish was cooked, but sadly, it just wasn't to my taste.
The spare bits of fish are in the freezer, and will be used in a fish pie later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment