Monday 29 October 2012

Monday 29 October - Autumn Pasta

When searching for a recipe at the weekend, I came across a recipe in a Rick Stein book for Orecciete with Cavolo Nero.
Plenty of kale at the allotment, so this seemed to be an ideal replacement for the cavolo nero.

A very simple dish - garlic, chilli flakes and anchovies cooked in a dash of olive oil until the anchovies 'melt', then cooked pasta and the greens stirred into it, and topped with a sprinkle of grated parmesan.

Despite my hatred of whole, hairy, nasty anchovies, I do enjoy them in dishes as a seasoning, and they worked very well here. I could have eaten twice as much though..



Needless to say, George wouldn't eat this, as it had green things in it, so I did my very unauthentic Carbonara for him - horror of horrors I use cream, and after frying the garlic, I add white wine and reduce it down. It went down rather well though, despite it's deviation from the proper version.


No comments:

Post a Comment