Tuesday 9 December 2014

Monday 8 December - Potato and Mushroom Paprikas

I'm trying to meal plan at the moment - this seems to be saving quite a lot of money as well as preventing me from overloading the cupboards with duplicate tins of things, and ingredients that I've bought on a whim.

Decided to revisit an old favourite this week, from a book that I used regularly back in the 80s when I was a vegetarian - Potato and Mushroom stew or Paprikas



A very simple dish with very few ingredients - potatoes, mushrooms, onions and garlic, paprika (the sweet sort) a bit of flour and some stock, and a bit of soured cream to finish off with


Started off by frying the onions and garlic, and then in went the potatoes before adding the paprika and then the stock.


When the potatoes were tender, in went the chopped raw mushrooms.


Finally, in with the soured cream, and it was all warmed through.

I served this in bowls, with a freshly baked bread roll on the side, and some hardboiled eggs for garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment