Sunday 14 December 2014

Saturday 13 December - Duck Ragu

This recipe had been shared by Neill on the Facebook Dinner group, and sounded rather intriguing. I followed this recipe but did cut down on the cinnamon to about half a teaspoon

 http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/venetian-duck-ragu

First stage was to brown the ducklegs - I didn't add any fat at this stage.



The recipe then proceeded a bit like a normal ragu, frying onions and garlic, adding tomatoes and wine and some herbs, with the duck legs popped back in to simmer for a couple of hours. I skimmed off the fat that was released as it cooked.


Once the meat was tender it was shredded from the bones, and added back to the sauce along with some milk.


I had planned to make pasta, but had a very stroppy moment when I realised that my machine doesn't fit on the new kitchen table. ( A reason to get a pasta attachment for the Kitchen Aid I reckon) so we cut up slices of fresh Lasagne.


I used half the ragu, and froze the other half.



For dessert, I made individual tiramisu in some chefs 'rings' I'd found in Lidl recently. I was extremely pleased when they actually came out of the rings with the help of a chefs blow torch.


No comments:

Post a Comment