Monday 15 June 2015

Monday 15 June - Macaroni Cheese

Why would I blog this one - everyone knows how to make this!

I always have the ingredients in for this, and if I don't really feel like cooking I'll go for this. Has the added benefit that of course everyone likes it!

To start off I made a bog standard roux - no measuring here, I just added things until it looked right





Then in went lots of grated cheese - Monterey Jack and Cheddar - (it was USA Week in Lidl!)


To add a bit of extra flavour I added tabasco , lots of dijon mustard and some Worcestershire sauce


This sauce was stirred into the pasta, and the topping was added - I made breadcrumbs with grated cheese and a dash of olive oil and sprinkled these over before baking until all bubbly.



Very simple, but very, very good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment