Sunday 24 January 2016

Saturday 23 January - Rum, Cherry and Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding

We fancied making a dessert as there wasn't much to do while our belly pork was roasting, and had a sudden urge for Bread and Butter pudding.

I decided to make individual ones, as we always end up making far too much.

I started by soaking some dried cherries in some of the Wild Cherry Rum that was in the hamper I had for Christmas from my brother - another Bytham Kitchen ingredient.


Buttered brioche was layered in the ramekins, and the rum soaked cherries and some chopped dark chocolate were sprinkled between the layers.



I then soaked these in a custard made from cream, egg yolks, vanilla bean paste, and a spoonful of caster sugar, before cooking in a water bath.


Once cooked, we finished them by sprinkling with sugar, and using a blow torch for a crispy topping, and served at room temperature - absolutely delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment