Thursday 19 May 2016

Wednesday 18 May - Spaghetti with Tomato, Capers and Mint

This is from a Rick Stein book, and on first reading I thought it sounded very strange - tomato and mint aren't always the first things I think of putting together with pasta. Had to be worth a try though, and this is actually the second time I've made it in a week!

Fresh tomatoes are the thing to use  here, and the first stage is rather tedious, skinning and deseeding - the recipe called for cherry tomatoes, but I use big vine ones, chopped up.


Once chopped, I always lightly salt them, and leave to drain to remove excess liquid



The sauce starts with infusing olive oil with whole garlic - I did a bit extra to use the oil to brush over the bread I made to go with the dish.



Then in go some dried chilli flakes and the tomatoes, followed by salted capers and chopped mint.



Add to Spaghetti, and toss


Quick, and very delicious - can't wait for our tomatoes to be ready now!

No comments:

Post a Comment