Sunday 3 June 2012

Saturday 2 June - A Take On Saltimboccca

Lidl had cheap pork loin steaks, so we made a sort of saltimbocca. We bashed out the pork and topped with parma ham and sage, then rolled it up.






A bit short on the Marsala front, so made a sauce with fried onions, the drip left in the bottle and some of my homemade chicken stock which was reduced and frozen in ice cube trays. The pork was then cooked in this for an hour or so, and then taken out and the sauce reduced down.



There were also some lovely English strawberries, so we made little victoria sponges and filled with cream and strawberries and served with a coulis. The left over coulis was made into jelly, poured over the leftover sponge pieces and some more strawberries, and is going to become the base of a trifle for Sunday.






Served with potatoes, asparagus and spinach.

2 comments:

  1. The pork looks great, I'll have to try it soon.
    I've followed you (you know me as MagicMarmite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice, and not expensive - I'm a great fan of Lidl - the parma ham was less than £1 and the pork was cheap too.
    I've been reading your blog too, I loved your fishy bin cods roe story. Your daughter sounds amazingly adventurous - my son is terrible for having expensive tastes, but refusing to eat green things!!

    ReplyDelete