Sunday 22 July 2012

Sunday July 22nd Making Sausages

Hello, I am Francie's guest blogger today. I'm her brother, Andy and she has been visiting me this weekend along with Bob and of course my fab nephew, George. Just like my sister, I am obsessed with food and also a chubby! So she as asked me to write the blog today to tell of my first sausage making experience.

Francie and Bob bought me a meat mincer and sausage making kit for christmas 2 years ago. As she has come to visit me in Lincolnshire I decided that it was time for a master class. She had given me the skins and a couple of seasoning mixes so we plumped for chorizo which I must say smelt heavenly. The process began after fixing the mincer sturdily to my kitchen table. It was then a case of brute force and a lot of winding to get the pork through the machine on coarse setting; lots of lovely wriggly worms of only slightly fatty meat pouring out!




To this minced up mess we added 12g of stabilizer and 35g of chorizo spices and then lots of fun mixing it together by hand..

Now the tricky bit - getting the sausages into their skins!! FortunatelyBob was on hand to oversee, and the process was quite slow as the meat seemed to come out of the miner rather slowly. It wasn't as hard as I had imagined and now I feel I feel a bit bad for not having tried before.


 The final result was a long, long chorizo sausage which I decided would be well put to use as a scarf..


The clever bit was out of my hands; Bob really showed off his sausagey skills by linking the bangers. Apparently he watched an instructional video on YouTube. This was all beyond me, but I have to say they looked amazing and a bit too professional for my liking! No one is going to believe we actuallymade these!!

 The proof of the sausage is in the grilling as the old adage goes. So BBQ time in a few moments. Maybe my sister will add a few photos of the cooked product. Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment