Friday 21 September 2012

Thursday 20 September - Turkey and CousCous

Been a bit quiet on the blogging front as it's quite a struggle to find interesting meals to post about at the moment - the as fat free as possible diet is full of lettuce, and fruit and glasses of water in the main!

For this meal I picked up some turkey steaks and decided to try and find something a bit different to make with them - I then spotted this on the shelf which I was given as a birthday present


So I cut the turkey up and rubbed the pieces with this, adding a tsp of oil, and the juice of a lemon - then left it in the fridge for a couple of hours before threading on skewers and grilling.



So, something Moroccan style to serve with it - Couscous being the obvious - I soaked this in a bit of stock, and a tsp of oil, then added chopped herbs (mint and coriander) and the chopped rind of two preserved lemons. I had a couple of ounces of low fat feta in the freezer, so chucked this in too.

I'd spotted new season pomegranates in Lidl this morning, so one of these was used for garnish, along with a tablespoon full of toasted flaked almonds that were lurking in the cupboard.



Worried it might all be a bit dry I made up a dressing from low fat natural yoghurt, some mint sauce, and a dash of tabasco.

Will do this again, possibly with chicken next time - and the good thing is a bowlful of leftover couscous for lunch today!



No comments:

Post a Comment