Thursday 27 September 2012

Thursday 27 September - Fragrant Chicken Wraps

Been for the results of my blood tests today, and I don't have diabetes, or high cholesterol which is all good news  - I'm still fat though....

I've decided not to go for immediate surgery for my gallstones, I need to lose weight and change my diet and the gallstones are the incentive I need to keep up with this low fat, high excercise depressingly low alcohol way of life.

I am very impressed with Gok Wans book to date, and tonight we cooked the recipe that made me buy it in the first place. Stage one was to mince some chicken - I would have gone for thigh, but low fat is the idea here, so breast it was...



This was stirfried with ginger and garlic, then put to one side


The added flavourings were, peppers, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and mushrooms.


Some soy, rice wine and fish sauce were added, along with chopped cashews


Served on a lettuce leaf, with a topping of cucumber, tomato and sesame oil.


Was very tasty, a good mix of textures and taste - next time I will add chopped coriander though, as felt that was the missing link...

No comments:

Post a Comment