Saturday 17 November 2012

Friday 16 November - Greek Patties

Another dish from Skinny Meals in Heels, but with a few changes to it.

I minced up some lean pork loin steaks rather than buy pork mince, and to this added fresh breadcrumbs, lemon zest, an egg, chopped onion and garlic. I couldn't get fresh oregano so used a mixture of fresh parsley and dried oregano.

This mixture was formed into patties, sprayed with low cal spray and griddled for a few minutes each side. They held together very well and no sticking on the griddle!


I was rather dubious about the idea of radish tzatziki, but it was surprisingly nice - chopped radish mixed with zero fat yoghurt, chopped dill, garlic and lemon juice. I added a spoonful of sugar as it was all a bit dry and sharp tasting.


The other serving suggestion was tomato salad, but I made a basic greek salad - onions, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and some low fat feta - this tastes OK, but you can see from the photo that the texture isn't quite the same as proper feta - it's a pretty good substitute for someone who is really missing cheese though!



I enjoyed this, although I found the patties a bit dry due to the lack of fat in them. George wouldn't eat them though - he thought they were disgusting!




No comments:

Post a Comment