Saturday 27 July 2013

Saturday 27 July - New Dishes

Watching Rick Stein on Saturday Kitchen this morning made me reach for one of his books from my shelf - and a hunt through led to a couple of dishes for supper that were new to us.  Much of our menu planning at the moment revolves around the vegetables we have on the allotment, and so finding meat to serve with them - so Dauphinoise Potatoes were the star of tonights show.

I found an unusual recipe for a starter - flavours I wouldn't put together myself and thought it time to branch out - so here it is -  a salad of mozarella, parma ham, tomatoes and nectarines, with a basil oil dressing - and surprisingly delicious it was too!!



Main course was the potatoes, but we found a recipe for pork chops with a cider butter sauce in Rick Steins French Odyssey book - the sauce was made from cider vinegar and soy sauce which I thought would be horrible, but it worked brilliantly.


For afters, from the same book, Prune and Amagnac (or Lidl Brandy in our case) Tart - a bit like a sweet quiche with some almonds in - and again delicious, and enough left over for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment