Friday 11 May 2012

Friday 11 May - Another go at Fish

A place where I spend quite a lot of time is here

http://www.carta.co.uk/foodforum/index.php

a lovely poster called hungryhousewife recommended a recipe book that I wouldn't have given a second glance under normal circumstances - but having recieved an amazon voucher from my coffee machine trial I spent it, and this week the book arrived



Bob was sent off to the fish shop for Hake, but they had run out, so he came back with some lovely cod fillets, and version of the fish traybake with fennel was made.

I say a version, as my oven is not fixed after last  weekends oven cleaning/breaking episode so I was only able to use the top oven. I roasted the potatoes and fennel, but seperately so as to be able to avoid serving fennel to children, and the fish was 'pan fried'. I also adjusted the dressing slightly, using red onion in the absence of shallots, and adding some basil and parsley.





We also added some asparagus as it's in season, and needs to be eaten at every possible opportunity.

I felt the cod was not that flavoursome, but perhaps it was just very fresh - the texture was nice, roasted fennel was superb and the dressing certainly brought it all together.




I can see that this book will be a big favourite, although feel a bit of a fraud as I certainly will never wear, let alone cook in heels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment