Tuesday 15 May 2012

Tuesday 15 May - Chicken for Two

Is it only Tuesday? Feels like it should be Thursday, and not very inspired to cook, but for once have preplanned so at least I don't have the hardest bit of deciding what to eat....

Tonight was another Skinny Meals in High Heels, but with the usual tweaks that a fat bird in
Converse would make. I was dubious that breadcrumbs would stick to mustard, I had no shallots and no fresh tarragon, so a large spoonful of mustard was whisked into a lovely bantam egg, with some dried tarragon, and then the chicken steaks were dipped in this, and then panko  breadcrumbs and then popped in the fridge.





 

These were sprayed with olive oil, and baked, along with some vine tomatoes and garlic slices also drizzled in oil.



Rather than plain spuds, I crushed some new potatoes with some fresh herbs, onions, garlic and chilli which I sauteed in some olive oil,  and lots of lemon juice.



One to be repeated again for sure  - the mustard was a lovely addition and gave the chicken a lot of flavour, and my new favourite thing in the world is roasted vine tomatoes - roll on our home grown ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment