Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunday 20 May - Italian Roast Chicken

I started a chicken off in brine yesterday to do some Heston chicken, but we got a bit busy in the garden today, so it turned into italian roast chicken - which I've not made for ages - the chicken was stuffed with lemon, garlic, sage, rosemary and a big splash of brandy, then wrapped in parma ham and roasted wrapped in foil - smelling good so far





To serve with this some lightly smashed jersey royals (well that's what the pack said they were, they just look like new potatoes to me) roasted with olive oil, fresh garlic which I found on the market yesterday, and some onion wedges



We are also having some asparagus as we are still trying to eat as much as possible while it's in season, and a salad made with these fabulous tomatoes we found in Lidl - the best dressing I have found for tomato salad is this balsamic and olive dipping oil which I bought to put in Georges stocking at Christmas








We found some rhubarb ready to eat when sorting out the bottom garden today, so an invented desert I'm rather proud of. Rhubarb in a tin spread with a bit of butter and sugar, and some chopped stem ginger sprinkled over





Topped with a normal sponge mix - but some ground ginger and chopped stem ginger was added.

Then much to my amazement it actually turned out! Smells great, and looking forward to seeing if it tastes ok too



No comments:

Post a Comment