Sunday 27 May 2012

Saturday26 May - Osso Bucco

I had a meat delivery this week from Farmers Choice.
I'd noticed that they have started selling some more unusual stuff, so my order included some stewing goat, and these wonderful pieces of veal shin.




The obvious thing to make with these was Osso Bucco, and I used a recipe from Sophie Grigsons Meat. Very simple, just some tinned tomatoes, white wine and some chicken stock, and a long slow stewing.

For starters some Bruschetta with the lovely tomatoes that Lidl are selling just now



The stew was topped with gremolata and served over soft polenta (which no one apart from me really liked)




In keeping with the Italian theme we made Pannacotta for afters, but served this with some rhubarb I baked with orange and some stem ginger.





I've not really got the hang of leaf gelatine yet, and the panacottas were rather like breasts, but tasted ok and the rhubarb was a lovely  sharp contrast with the cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment