Saturday 5 January 2013

Friday 4 January - Chinese

Had a break from cooking and blogging due to Christmas bugs, and diy mayhem.

At last the bathroom work is finished, and I have my kitchen back properly, so it being a Friday, we decided Chinese Food was required.

I love the Gok Wan book, and have yet to cook anything out of it that we haven't liked - we chose Ginger Beef and Garlic chicken and served this with some egg fried rice that I added some pancetta and spring onions to.

Both recipes were fairly similar - starting with the meat coated in cornflour and fried, then flavourings and sauce added at the end.



The only change we made to the recipes was that George asked for the beef to be a bit spicy, so we added some chilli bean sauce to the soy and sugar mix that was added at the end.


Both dishes were pretty quick to cook, and were delicious - for once we got our quantities right and every bit of food got eaten. I'm going to try to cook my way through this book this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment