Saturday 4 February 2012

Friday 3 February - Paprikas

I'm not sure at what point I started this specific collection - but having decided to make this porky goulashy sort of dish, I checked to see if I had any paprika in the house.

This is the ones I found easily - I'm sure there will be more lurking in the depths of my spice shelf in the big kitchen cupboard...


I used fillet pork for this - to be honest the finished dish is drier, but obviously the fat content is a lot less. This was dry fried and added to some fried onion and pancetta.





Added to this was a mixture of all the paprika and some tomatoes and romano peppers that I'd found lurking in the fridge.




Finally some soured cream was added and a sprinkle of chopped parsley -  I found low fat soured cream in the supermarket, and although it tasted a bit strange in its raw state, it worked brilliantly in the finished dish.



We served this with steamed new potatoes. Actually, one of the nicest things I've eaten this week, despite the pork being much drier than it would have been had I used a cheaper cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment