Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday 5 February Brisket and Breast Implants....

Sunday lunch - we bought a small piece of brisket from a new butchers yesterday, so this was popped in a casserole dish with some parsnip, carrot, onions, wine and stock. We cooked this for three hours - could have done with another three as even the cats struggled to bite though it!

Yorkshire puddings - I had read somewhere that you can cook them in silicon tins with no fat - you can't! They were still completely solid like little silicon breast implants while the six  I'd cooked in goose fat for the boys had risen beautifully - I moved them into the metal tin, and they half redeemed themselves. On the left are the silicon cooked ones, and on the right are the nice goose fatty tasty ones....



We also got round to eating the pudding from last night - banana/oat bran brownies - not horrible but they tasted rather 'virtuous' and won't be on my list of favourite things. The ice cream, made from a tub of Asda 'Good for You' Custard and some chopped apricots was again ok, not unpleasant but a million miles from ice cream made with proper cream.
I have to adjust my tastebuds if this is going to succeed - good news is that I have lost half a stone in three weeks, not a massive loss, but a nice steady and I think a realistic one.


No comments:

Post a Comment