Monday 13 February 2012

Monday 13 February - More Repetition

Last nights beef was not all that we had hoped it would be. I'm afraid we are not Raymond Blanc, as his recipe looked delicious. Ours was OK, but not quite what I was expecting. Maybe one that is worth going to a proper butchers for and demanding a specific cut of meat, rather than using Asda braising steak!

Tonight we have decided to use up things from the freezer again, so it's another chicken, olive and preserved lemon tagine, served with cous cous. I'm afraid I had another trip to my favourite shop yesterday - Akram Stores This shop mainly  sells Indian ingredients, but also sells ethnic produce from most countries - my trip for a jar of preserved lemons resulted in rather a lot of other purchases too . Everyone needs dried broad beans, red bean curd, and 5 packs of wonton skins, tins of houmous and a strange sieve with interchangeable meshes  in case of a zombie attack don't they.......

No comments:

Post a Comment