Monday 6 February 2012

Monday 6 February - Liver and Mash

When investigating the new butcher in town at the weekend, I had bought some thinly sliced lambs liver.
Liver needs bacon with it, so my concession was to buy smoked back in place of the smoked streaky that we all prefer.
I oven baked the bacon along with some sausages for George, and the thinly sliced liver was quickly fried in a little bit of butter and oil then a spoonful of balsamic vinegar thrown in at the end.
Served with mashed potatoes, some steamed purple sprouting and some onion gravy.
I don't really know how fatty liver is - I had presumed it was low fat, but I now believe this actually isn't the case, so I was quite mean with my portion!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this has reminded me that I can't remember the last time we had liver and mash. That's definitely going on the meal plan soon.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete