Monday 27 February 2012

Monday 27 February - Chick Peas and Chorizo

I had bought a very cheap bag of chick peas in Akram stores a few weeks ago, so these were boiled and soaked yesterday and went into the slow cooker for a full day today.

I fried up onions, garlic, some chopped chorizo and some paprika  then added wine and tomato puree and reduced down before adding the chick peas.

I used my beautiful garlic crusher that came from my brother and  his wife from the USA




To serve with this - I'd bought this beautiful bunch of Kale at the weekend very cheaply, so I steamed this lightly, and then reheated with a drop of olive oil, some sea salt and a big squeeze of lemon juice and served the stew over the top of this, with a soft boiled egg to garnish.





Plenty of chick peas left over for the freezer, and rather a success - possibly not as low fat as it could be, but very nice indeed  - the bed of kale made it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment