Monday 30 January 2012

Monday 30 January - Winter Warmer

The cold weather has arrived, so was glad I'd started the stew off yesterday. It simply needed to be reheated and left in the oven for an hour or so to finish off. Served with mashed potato and steamed sprouts.

George appeared and announced it to be the least appealing meal visually that I have ever cooked. ( I don't think it helped that he spotted one of the cats with his head in the casserole before it went in the oven, but I did scrape the top before reheating!)

He wasn't much keener on eating it, and agreed to sample the mash after adding some butter to his portion. Someone is going to bed hungry tonight.

I have to confess that it wasn't my greatest triumph of recent weeks, but it was filling, cheap and as low fat as a beef stew can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment