Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuesday 31 January - Running Out of Ideas now

By special request from George, and because it's easy, we are having tandoori chicken tonight. Also a way to use up the first successful batch of yoghurt which I made this morning. Just marinaded some chicken breast in yoghurt mixed with a ready made tandoori curry powder and then baked in the oven. This will be served with my favourite salad for curry - cubed cucumber, tomato and red onion with a spoonful of mint sauce out of a jar and some lemon juice, steamed basmati rice and some shop bought chapattis. I think there is some home made mango chutney somewhere too, so will search that out.

Going to have a hunt round the internet and some other blogs this evening, as the inspiration is somewhat lacking at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi OG, well done on the 5lbs off. Liking your recipes, bit like mine tweaked to what I have in or what I need to use up. I do a healthy sort of chili con carne, straining off the fat after mince is browned then padding out with whatever veg I have. Last nights 500gms of mince made 8 portions. I don't follow any particular diet but I do use some of the principals of WW old points system. Need a kick up the butt at the moment myself, too may outside factors affecting my food and exercise! Oh and thanks for the review of Jamies Piri piri I was going to try it, saved me a costly disappointment.

    ReplyDelete