Sunday 29 January 2012

Sunday 29 January - Using Up Leftovers

Lots of the chicken left over from last night, plus a load of new potatoes. We did our weekly shop in Lidl - whole trolley full including such things as 3 months worth of washing powder for less than £70 - this not buying alcohol for the week certainly saves on bills!

Pastry was made as Bob is working away this week, so some pasties were knocked up with beef, swede, potato and onion - the left over meat from this was made into a stew for tomorrow - beef and butterbean - remains to be seen if the butterbeans were a wise addition.

The left over potatoes from last night were made into a potato salad and Bob has taken these back to serve with his pasties.

The rest of the chicken and pastry made up a pie for George, along with some mushrooms and dried tarragon, and the vile weightwatchers cream left over from last night, My pie was topped with mashed potato rather than pastry.



This was served with spinach, broad beans and rather nasty frozen roast potatoes - won't be using those again, although the fat content was within the boundaries I now obsess about....

As someone who is frankly very wasteful about food, I'm feeling quite chuffed about the using up of things in this meal, and I've tasted worse..... 

Tomorrow I will face my biggest fear - I bought a bunch of bananas - I have an intolerance (not an allergy) to them, and I'm determined to give them a go after about 20 years of not eating them, as I actually like the taste, and think they will be a filling low fat snack. If I don't post again the banana got me!!!




1 comment:

  1. Was intrigued to try the Heston chicken method - must give it a go. But have to say, think your leftovers sound almost better than the main meal!

    I've never tried the WW cream - and certainly won't be now! I tend to favour a half fat creme fraiche (not the WW one!) if I need a bit of something creamy.

    Have a fabulous week!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete