Monday 9 January 2012

New Year, New way of eating

I have started this blog at the suggestion of my brother. We have both hit our mid forties and are carrying a bit of excess weight.  One of the main problems for me as that my main love in life is food - reading about food, shopping for food, but mainly cooking and eating food. Not a great thing when I lead a rather sedentary life and the most exercise I get is walking to the car to drive to the supermarket.

So, the start of 2012 sees me attempting to cut out the majority of fat in my diet, and the challenge is to still be able to produce food that I find interesting to cook in order to keep my interest up.
Added difficulty is sharing my home with a 12 year old son who is not a great fan of fruit and definitely not of anything green, and a partner who really needs fattening up rather than slimming down.

I also have a new camera, and a desire to use it, so what better way than photographing my attempts at cooking - although it will become clear that I am neither good at photography or food presentation!


I probably won't post actual recipes, as although I own probably upward of 300 cookery books, I rarely follow a recipe exactly. I never measure things, and often substitute ingredients if I'm missing one, or if I feel something else would work. I do however read them for inspiration, and they are wonderfully displayed on the shelves that have been purpose built for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment